* I have come to the conclusion that if one has to be sick, Christmas time is the best possible time for it. You get to hang out by the tree, enjoy all the twinkling lights, and watch the endless parade of Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movies that are on tv. There have been tears people. Tears. Hallmark and Lifetime may not know how to produce a terribly high quality film but they do know how to produce the tears.
* It is also incredibly helpful to have a dog who comes down with a “cold” every time you do. Maggie never fails to be sick right along with me, my constant sidekick in every way. I mean, seriously, just look at how ill she is.
* The Christmas shopping got off to a good start on Black Friday around here, although I was not out with the crazy pepper spray carrying folks in the middle of the night. No, my style is more along the lines of Amazon on my ipad while getting my infusion and a little Friday night time shopping with my man. We picked up some smokin’ deals on awesome gifts for our nieces and nephew at Target and now we can’t wait to give them their gifts! The UPS guy delivered J’s gifts that I ordered already (cannot say enough about Amazon’s shipping!!!) and I don’t think I have ever been this excited for him to open them! Now for the rest of my Christmas list… * Here’s the super sweet gift we got for our little niece Alana. Pretty great, huh? I’m just so bummed I forgot to take a picture of our overflowing cart. It was quite a sight! Between general stuff for the house, Christmas gifts, and a gigantic snow shovel the thing was piled high.
* Our Black Friday shopping adventure included a trip to Archivers (my favorite scrapbooking store) for a few sheets of Christmas paper. I left with a basketful thanks to my super awesome hubby who insisted we bring home everything that looked cool. Yep, I’m spoiled. The downside however was that I now have too many cool Christmas goodies for the small December Daily book that I made. So I went back to the original book I had picked out and decided to use that instead. I did really love the book that I made but I think this is going to be much better. I’ll share pictures soon.
* The halls have been decked around here. Sunday was the day and I’m so happy to have the house all homey and Christmasy, especially since I came down with a cold the next day. Every year we put the tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving and we end the night snuggled up with the tree all lit up and watch the Elf. It is one of my favorite traditions.